No bike depression is real and I have it

 I had to turn in my bike today and literally cried. As I’ve been feeling better and better everyday, I’ve been taking longer and longer bike rides around the neighborhood. I’ve gotten to explore more of the neighborhood than I ever would have otherwise. I’ve been able to easily bike to and from parks and get some fresh air and low impact, low cardio exercise. Having my bike here, even on days that I didn’t use it has given me comfort. I know that if I want to or need to, I can pick up, get on it, and be on the other side of the city in 20 minutes. It’s meant I have the option of true independence. It’s a kind of independence that I’ve never really felt before and it’s hard to put into words. Now that I don’t have it anymore, I feel so much more…..limited. 


So cheers to my favorite bike so far that I got to use the least but felt like I got to know the most. I know I’m being so dramatic but saying so long to my bike was almost as hard as saying so long to Floris. Felt like saying adieu to a good friend. 

Comments

Popular Posts